Spring Dehumidifier Services
Improve Your Indoor Air Quality with a Whole-Home Dehumidifier
Local summers are known for their high humidity levels, which can make the air feel heavy and muggy. While you can’t control the humidity outside, you can control it inside your home. A whole-home dehumidifier is a great way to reduce the humidity in your home and improve your indoor air quality. At Expo Heating & Cooling Inc., we offer a range of dehumidifier services in Spring and the surrounding areas. Whether you need a new dehumidifier installed or your existing unit needs to be repaired, you can count on us to get the job done right.
Call (832) 412-1556 or contact us online to schedule your service.
How Does a Dehumidifier Work?
A dehumidifier works by removing excess moisture from the air. It does this by drawing in the humid air and passing it over a cold coil. As the air cools, the moisture in the air condenses and collects on the coil. The dry air is then reheated and released back into your home. The moisture that collects on the coil drips into a collection tray, which you will need to empty periodically.
Benefits of Installing a Whole-Home Dehumidifier
While portable dehumidifiers are available, they are not as effective as whole-home dehumidifiers. A whole-home dehumidifier is installed directly into your HVAC system and works to remove excess moisture from the air throughout your entire home. This can help to improve your indoor air quality and make your home more comfortable.
Some of the benefits of installing a whole-home dehumidifier include:
- Reduced humidity levels: A whole-home dehumidifier can help to reduce the humidity levels in your home, making the air feel less heavy and muggy and protecting your wooden furniture, paint, and wallpaper.
- Improved indoor air quality: High humidity levels can create the perfect environment for mold, mildew, and other allergens to grow. A whole-home dehumidifier can help to reduce the humidity levels in your home and improve your indoor air quality.
- Increased comfort: High humidity levels can make your home feel hotter than it actually is. A whole-home dehumidifier can help to reduce the humidity levels in your home and make it feel more comfortable.
- Reduced energy bills: When the humidity levels in your home are high, your air conditioner has to work harder to keep your home cool. A whole-home dehumidifier can help to reduce the humidity levels in your home and make your air conditioner more efficient, which can help to reduce your energy bills.
How to Choose the Right Dehumidifier for Your Home
There are many different types of dehumidifiers available, so how do you choose the right one for your home? The first thing you need to do is determine how much moisture you need to remove from the air. This will depend on the size of your home and the humidity levels in your area. Once you know how much moisture you need to remove from the air, you can start looking for a dehumidifier that is the right size for your home.
When choosing a dehumidifier, you will need to consider:
- Capacity: The capacity of a dehumidifier is measured in pints. The higher the capacity, the more moisture the dehumidifier can remove from the air. To determine the capacity you need, you will need to calculate the square footage of your home and the humidity levels in your area.
- Energy efficiency: Dehumidifiers can use a lot of energy, so it’s important to choose one that is energy efficient. Look for a dehumidifier that has been Energy Star Certified.
- Noise level: Dehumidifiers can be noisy, so it’s important to choose one that is quiet. Look for a dehumidifier that has a low decibel rating.
- Features: Some dehumidifiers have a built-in humidistat, which allows you to set the humidity level you want to maintain. They may also have a built-in air purifier, which can further improve air quality.
Signs You Need Dehumidifier Repair
Dehumidifiers are designed to be low maintenance, but they can still develop problems from time to time. If you notice any of the following signs, you should have your dehumidifier inspected by a professional.
Signs your dehumidifier needs to be repaired include:
- It’s not removing moisture from the air when running, which could indicate a problem with the compressor or the refrigerant.
- If your dehumidifier is not turning on, there could be a problem with the power supply or the control board.
- If you hear strange noises, there could be a problem with the fan or the motor.
- If your dehumidifier is leaking water, there could be a problem with the condensate pump or the drain line.
Call to Schedule Dehumidifier Services in Spring
At Expo Heating & Cooling Inc., we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service. Whether you need a new dehumidifier installed or your existing unit needs to be repaired, you can count on us to get the job done right. We offer a range of dehumidifier services in Spring and the surrounding areas, and no job is too big or too small for our team to handle.
Call (832) 412-1556 or contact us online today.
“Great Work”- Jeff + Emily
“Customer for life”- Vickie
“This company is definitely a keeper! I give them a solid 5 stars on customer service, efficiency, knowledgeable service and price.”- Susanna
All new installations come with a guaranteed warranty.
We offer excellent heating and cooling services you can afford.
We can fix and install all major brands, makes, and models.
Our full-service HVAC company is trusted in the area.
Our technicians are licensed to service your every need.
We're backed by over 20 years of experience.